Skip to content

The Hotness

August 18, 2012

So cool

Now this is how you accessorize a vintage rattan patio set …

Lori Sandstedt, proprietess of Etsy shop, Lorimarsha, colorfully coordinates with a citrus-colored loveseat in front of Terry Elliot‘s atelier in downtown Riverside. A sodden mess myself after running a quick errand, I couldn’t help but be amazed at Lori’s cool in the relentless heat … I’d stopped in at Terry’s trio of shops on the Mission Inn’s promenade, looking to borrow something for a future project, and she generously came through. Full of great ideas, Terry’s becoming my go-to local art friend (she lent me the paint I used in my now-notorious vinyl sofa project). Errands completed I couldn’t wait to get back indoors, where the AC blows freely …

Frito fried

… and a full-out-chill-out is the best way to beat the triple-digit temperatures outside (see above).

This week we heard tales of thunderstorms, horizontal rain and hurricane force gusts in nearby communities … we got none of that. Here, the story was oppressive heat and stifling humidity. Will summer’s scorch-fest end anytime soon? ¿Quien sabe?!  All I know is I’m praying for an early Fall.

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. Vickie Perez permalink
    August 20, 2012 12:51 am

I just don’t know how someone could look so cool in this weather……I can only wish that we get even a 5 to 10 degree decrease in temperature. It feels so strange to stay indoors so much. Sure doesn’t lead to doing anything creative when feeling so blah from melting when just doing the have to’s. Yuck yuck

• reubix1 permalink*
      August 20, 2012 12:53 am

Yuck is right … and I agree: being overheated does not lend itself to creativity!

2. August 20, 2012 3:01 pm

So great to finally meet you after being a big fan of your blog for a long time!

• reubix1 permalink*
      August 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks, Lori … you take a great picture!

3. August 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I was hoping at least you got some of that rain — sorry it skipped you. And thanks for the tip on these Mission Inn shops which I’ll visit when it cools down a bit.

• reubix1 permalink*
      August 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Hey, Denise … I was hoping for a few drops myself but no go … Terry’s got some great stuff!