Rancho Reubidoux turned a big corner today by having its 50,000th hit! Thanks go out to all RR readers for making this such a fun and rewarding endeavor. Lately, we’ve been picked up by more and more garden and design blogs and the stats have been through the roof … er, at least through the roof for some guy out in Riverside who likes succulents and tends to overshare about his other varied, sometimes random, interests. It’s always interesting to see which posts will be gobbled up by readers, so here’re the current all-time top five posts; click on their titles to view them if you haven’t already:
1. Vinyl Revamp (Last April’s how-to post showing how to paint vinyl-upholstered furniture; picked up by Apartment Therapy most recently, and, as of today, has been read by almost 3,000 people!)
2. Book Report: Succulent Container Gardens (Book review of Debra Lee Baldwin’s inspiring and beautiful idea book; 1350 hits so far.)
3. Visiting the Maya Garden (The Maya family’s local garden has been viewed by more than 750 readers, thanks mostly to a very eye-catching lady)
4. Walking Tour: Jurupa Dinosaurs (The Jurupa Mountain Cultural Center’s gigantic folk-art dinosaurs are eye candy to 715 readers)
5. Line, Light, Movement (605 readers find my write-up and pictures of a local mall’s bamboo skeletal tunnel fascinating … who knew?!)
Thanks again, everyone, for your continued feedback, comments, encouragement and support. To celebrate I’ve updated the RR header to better represent what we’ve become; when I created the first header I still wasn’t sure what-all I’d be blogging about, so this is more representative. I really appreciate you all and plan to offer more everything … including the awesome RR RUST+SUCS Garden Sale in a couple months. Stand by, y’all!