Skip to content

Creature Comforts

November 15, 2010

Nappers

Last weekend’s running descent down the face of Mt. Rubidoux; moving rocks in the yard; lugging furniture around for the sale; grappling with the leftovers: all caught up with me, leaving me too pained to go to work this morning. So, after calling in (and swallowing a friendly muscle relaxer), I hit the couch in search of flatness. Paul had gone to his office, but I wasn’t alone for long. Frito and Inky, always poised for snuggling, jumped up and settled in for the duration. Soon, we all drifted off …

Snoozers

After an hour I awoke to find my couch-mates still snoozing … I re-joined them in dreamland …

Burrowed

Another hour passed and I awoke again, alone this time. Feeling overly warm I threw the quilt back to find that the sibs had burrowed under the quilt during our nap … I think I’ll cancel my order for a cashmere throw — nothing says warmth and luxury like chihuahua fur.

Advertisements
10 Comments leave one →
  1. November 16, 2010 2:52 am

They are so damned cute !

• reubix1 permalink*
      November 16, 2010 3:18 am

Aren’t they? Great foot-warmers, too!

2. November 16, 2010 9:50 pm

OK, I know you’re amazing and all … but how did you take these pictures if you were burrowed in there with them?!!

• reubix1 permalink*
      November 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Ha — I knew that might occur to someone: In my drugged haze I realized that my camera was on the end table next to the sofa… I just had to reach behind me and aim and shoot… for the last pic, I lifted the quilt and they didn’t even move… so I got the shot!

• November 16, 2010 10:40 pm

ah, that makes sense. They are so super-adorable!!

• reubix1 permalink*
        November 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Brats and devil-dogs, too… but we love them

3. June 10, 2011 9:55 pm

They don’t mind the camera so much if there is no flash. My three chi-mutts do the flinch when the camera comes out.

Love stealth Inky peeping you in the second pic!

• reubix1 permalink*
      June 10, 2011 10:04 pm

The poochies do have distinct personalities and describing Inky’s as ‘stealthy’ is perfect! … you sure you haven’t met them before?

4. January 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Beautiful pups. I also keep the flash off when taking pix of the critters. Then they don’t mind.

• reubix1 permalink*
      January 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Flash, or no … these poochies will NOT sit still for pix!